Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My first time blogging~

Hi everyone! Dunno how many ppl will come n visit my blog, but anyway, just create onli lo... too free here in Germany. =) First time blogging not sure exactly wat to write leh.. haha.. sorry if wat i post here doesn't interest u... haha.. but i will try my best to make everyone happy!

Im sure many r curious about the title of my blog. "ish..." a simple but non-existing word in the dictionary. Ever wonder when do ppl use such an expression in their conversation? Ish can be used in different situation to express discomfort or uneasiness. For example, Ish... can have roughly the same meaning with "cheh..." Scenario: a person comes to u n tells u a joke that he thinks is very very funny. However, u felt that the joke was lame or probably u had heard it b4, this is when the "ish" or "cheh" word might surface. Guess so... haha... it depends on the individual though... I hope those reading my blog wont go ish... or cheh... after reading my post leh... i will be rily sad if dat happens... By the way, the expression "ish" is usually used by a gal rather than a guy. But somehow i find this expression rily cute n interesting. Thanks to Michelle 4 teaching me the word "ish" unintentionally. =)


Since i came to Germany, i had many "ish" experiences. Many might think that studying abroad is a superb experience. Can get to c how other ppl do their living in diff parts of the world, can view the scenery there, can enjoy the food n drinks there etc. No doubt we are entitled to do the above-mentioned stuff, but sadly, living in a foreign country is not dat easy oso. I have to be independant, independant, independant!!! Cooking sounds simple when others r doing it but it turns out to be a tedious task when we r expected to do it ourselves. Despite having 3 "chefs", the outcome is always: burnt, tasteless, too salty, too little, smells etc... sigh... Guess im not talented enuf to be a good cook. During my time in INTEC, all i have to do to please my tummy is just a short walk to the nearby mamak stall n all is done. Here in Germany we have to wash our own plates n utensils after meal. sigh... Studying in Germany is also very stressful. "Can pass then good enuf ady lo" When one hears such a statement from the seniors, it's discouraging enuf.. Studying is even more "stress" in Esslingen, my future University. It is the best uni in Germany for Mechanical engineering n Automotive engineering. The word "best" is enuf to make me "suffer" for another 4 years... Hope i got enuf within me to go thru these tough times. Need God's strength a lot!!


First impression of Germany===COLD. Eventhough many ppl told us that this winter is a hot one, still, as a Malaysian, it's simply too cold 4 me. i have experienced temperature ranging from -5 to 10 celcius. I know it's nothing compared to the climate in Russia. But it's still very cold ar!! I have to wear 2 layers of clothes while sleeping inside my "professor" room. Heater not working well i guess. =.=


Pictures of my hotel-lookalike-room:

Study-desk, where i put my laptop =)




My cosy bed. Behind is the heater. =)






My small kitchen. With stove n fridge. =)






warm, warm shower....

Looks more like a hotel than a hostel rite? haha... But anyway, going to cook dinner lo... sigh.... thats all 4 my 1st post i tink. Hope it's readable! =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi..dann..jz read ur blog...hope ur doing fine there..my mum said u've on a little weight when we saw u y'day...haha..tat's gud news la..ur hostel indeed looks like a hotel..continue to write blogs lo..maybe can write in german..but oth may not understand..anyway...take care...n auf wiedersehen!God bless~

jasmine..

Vincent said...

cis... :P

nice blog u have keep it up ^^

Jac Loo Loo said...

yoz...

Not bad not bad!
keep it up!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

r u going to COOK or to ENJOY ur dinner....?!

Dann~ said...

zzz... i got cook ok?!

Helen Pang said...

haha...nice to read your blog, dann
and also the first exp you had in Germany. I am continue reading your blog now, will give comments if I read an interesting one. Cheers for many new exp you had, esp in the cooking part. May God bless you. Emmanuel!!!