Friday, February 29, 2008

Metzingen--shopping paradise!

Quoted from one of my professor:

"I went to Metzingen with the intention of buying a jacket, but i went home with a jacket, a pull-over and a pair of shoes."


Never ever underestimate the temptation of Metzingen, the city of factory outlets. It's actually quite a small town but what makes it so attractive has to be those factory outlets. One might ask " Factory outlets onli wat, wat's so special?!" Ok, just imagine the following:

Nike, Adidas, Puma, Hugo Boss, Swatch, Levi's, Marco Polo, Esprit, Reebok, Camel Active all gathered in one place and evrything are sold with a factory-outlet-price.

Sounds crazy huh? If there's such a place in Malaysia im sure it would be rily crowded until that place can be called a new"Wilayah persekutuan". Well, Metzingen is a place where all branded stuffs come together.

Imagine getting a pair of genuine Nike shoes for onli RM40 or a Adidas jacket for onli RM 50. Impossible rite? If u r a german who works in Germany n earns Euros, shopping in Metzingen is like going to supermarket. A german engineer earns about 4700 euros per month, roughly around the same amount like how much a malaysian engineer get to earn per month IF we dun convert the currency. Btw, 1 Euro=RM4.90. When one have 4700 euros per month, spending 100 euros in Metzingen for branded stuffs is ntg. But for us malaysians who always tend to convert the price to RM, shopping can rily be a "torture".

Torture? Did i say "torture"? Today i have spent about RM 400. If i was still in Malaysia, im sure my dad will slaughter me. 80 Euros onli mah... still ok rite? haha... I guess i have slowly got used to the currency here. I still rmb the 1st day when i arrived in Germany. Buying a bottle of mineral water was a struggle 4 me. 2 Euros = RM10. Walau eh!!! One bottle of mineral water costs 10 ringgit!!! Lesson 1 in Germany: DUN CONVERT! Just imagine that 1 euro is like RM1.... Then evrything will turn out fine... haha...


My new Nike cap: 10 Euros

My new swatch watch: 60 Euros



My new Esprit shirt: 15 Euros


My new leng zai look: priceless

Haha.. juz joking la... My hair is quite long ady nt dat nice. Anyway, bek to main pt. Before coming to Metzingen muz be ready to face the consequences of spending money. I rily admire those ppl who can go to Metzingen n come bek empty handed w/out spending a single cent.

Btw, im not the biggest spender today. Got ppl bought stuffs 4 more than 100 euros, a record which i would never try to break. I hope. ;b

4 comments:

Jac Loo Loo said...

OMG~!!!!

I want to shoppppppp!!!

Haha gg crazy huh!
=P

Anonymous said...

hey..i wan to there le..must bring me there ya if i go germany..haha.. wah..rm 400..i blief ur dad will be so mad..haha..ur still so thin la..seems like the food there are not so effective on u ya..haha..jz jk..i like the cap..it's so nice..btw,r u still living in ur hotel like hostel..?or move edi?...

jas

Helen Pang said...

For what you have blogged, I must not buy anything now and wait till I arrive at Metzingen to buy. So excited!!! I can bet that I won't want to go back after reaching there... Wait till I meet you at Germany and share with you>>>

Anonymous said...

i also want to be there for shopping!!!

T_T

feeling