Monday, October 5, 2009

Start of new sem

Oh yeah, the title says it all. My 4th semester, one of the busiest semester in Mechanical engineering in Esslingen. Many group projects and many 7.30 am lectures. 7.30 am lectures are 4 me the greatest challenge. Imagine going to bed late, have to wake up at 6.30 am, the outside temperature is less than 10 degrees Celsius, my warm n cosy blanket 25 Degrees, the sun still nowhere to be seen, etc etc... I tell u, the temptation to remain in bed n sleep 4 another hour can be irresistible at times!

Oh well, hope I can survive this new semester though. Needs lotsa strength n stamina since classes start from 7.30 to 5-6pm. *yawn*

Just got the topic 4 our group project. Testing of the wings of an aircraft (aerodynamics). The part is circled in red as shown below:

But of cos we are not doing tests on Boeing or Airbus (we r not experts yet), just some small jet that the students in the university have built together with some companies. Anyway, it shud be something interesting. Too bad that we dint managed to get our 1st choice project: testing of carbon dioxide as cooling agent in the large hadron collider in CERN, switzerland. That's the world's largest particle accelerator! Anyway, I shud be satisfied with wat i got. No complains!

Attended the wedding of my flatmate last saturday. Im rily happy to see him getting married. From the moment the bride entered the church, he cant stop shedding tears of joy! I dunno if I would do the same in future. It was so touching. I was his "best man" that day, responsible for leading the bridal march with a candle in my hand to light the remaining candles on the altar. I also sang on the stage at night during the wedding dinner. 月亮代表我的心, since it was also mid-autumn festival dat day.

Dats all 4 today, will try to upload some pics from the wedding asap. Till then, ciao~~

8 comments:

Unknown said...

u didn't mention bringing the candle with who.? =P

Kevin said...

Cool! Test on the flap ar? In wind tunnel?

Dann~ said...

ya.. on flap... in my uni's wind kanal...

Dann~ said...

er.. paiseh.. is wind tunnel... kanal is german... :b

Kevin said...

Haha, normal, as i only knew it's called soufflerie in French. But u're using model right? I don't think ur uni's wind tunnel is big enuf to put the whole flap.

Dann~ said...

ya.. model onli... we dun have so big wind tunnel...

Pat said...

btw, i think CERN is in Genf, france... haha... n i hav no idea wat ur post is talking bout

Dann~ said...

European Organization for Nuclear Research
CERN CH-1211
Genève 23
Switzerland

this is their address. Geneva is at the border of switzerland n France.