Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy father's day

I have written a post for my mum for Mother's day, so i think it would be fair if i write one for my dad as well, or else he will get jealous.

My dad is a strict but caring father. Since young, my brother and I have experienced the "Rotan" in numerous occasions. Regardless of how naughty we were, when our dad appears with the rotan in his hand, we would just stay quiet and be still. I guess that was probably the best way to train our discipline, since my brother and I were always creating havoc at every opportunity available. However, we all knew that dad still loves us very much despite being so harsh with his rotan. He will pat our heads and say "well done" whenever we do something right, he never forgets our birthdays and anniversary with my mum, he prays for us every night before he goes to bed, he teaches us how to be a God-loving person with his actions and thoughts, etc.

Being a father is tough, but being a good father is even tougher. My dad taught us that we should not smoke, and he led by example. He taught us not to be lazy, and he led by example by correcting students' homework till late night. He taught us to be good christians, and he led by example by reading the bible everyday, praying for people in need.

Some people might say he is old-fashioned. Well, maybe, but he is a big fan of korean dramas too. He has tonnes of korean drama DVDs at home and enjoys watching them over and over again.

I guess i better stop sharing his secrets here, otherwise i might get to eat the rotan again. So, happy father's day and stay healthy always to my beloved dad!

1 comment:

Li Ping =) said...

that is so sweet of u =)